EOP ASSIST 3.0: Next Generation of Updates and Enhancements
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT, the Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center, in collaboration with
the U.S. Department of Education’s (ED) Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS), will host a Webinar to review the purpose, benefits, and process to
install EOP ASSIST 3.0, our recently updated software application designed to help schools create and update high-quality school emergency operations plans (EOPs)
that are customized to address a range of threats and hazards. This application walks users through the six-step planning process to develop a downloadable school EOP and generates
a downloadable school EOP. Recommended participants for this Webinar include state, regional, and local education agencies on the K-12 level and their partners in school safety,
security, emergency management, and preparedness.
Presenters in this Webinar will provide an overview of the updated management features of EOP ASSIST 3.0, released in March 2017 and available to state agencies, regional education agencies,
school districts, and schools. They will also share the different ways users may employ the tool to customize their school EOPs, and meet state and local requirements. Furthermore, the presenters
will review the process for downloading and installing the software application on a local server and distributing EOP ASSIST to users as a Web-accessible application. This event will feature a dedicated
15-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar during which presenters will field questions from participants.
- Already installed and using EOP ASSIST 2.0? Great! This Webinar will provide you with an overview of the new features in EOP ASSIST 3.0 that your institution will gain access to by upgrading your version.
- Never downloaded EOP ASSIST? No problem! This Webinar will provide you with an overview of the tool and how your institution can use it to develop a high-quality school EOP and/or support school emergency management planning at the state or regional level.
To join the Webinar, register here:
Madeline Sullivan, Program Analyst, OSHS, ED; and Alison Curtis, Product & Information Specialist, REMS TA Center.
Join Us for a Live Web Chat Following the Event!
The Webinar will be followed by a live Web Chat with the presenters on the REMS TA Center’s Community of Practice (CoP) from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m EDT.
- Already a CoP Member? If you wish to participate in the Web Chat, you will be automatically redirected to the CoP following the Q&A session.
- Not a CoP Member? We invite you to join our growing community of more than 1,000 practitioners to collaborate on special projects, share news and resources, and learn from the experiences of others in the field!
Please click here to create an account in advance of the event.
- Have Web Chat topics to send us now? Email firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line EOP ASSIST 3.0 Topics for Web Chat and we’ll keep them on stand-by for the Web Chat.
You can also send us Web Chat questions in advance by tagging @remstacenter and using the following hashtag: #EOPASSIST.
Spread the Word on Social Media
Help us help the field by sharing the following post via your social networks. You can also share a link to our Webinars page by using any of the social media share links available on our Website header.
Register for @remstacenter #EOPASSIST Webinar 4/25 at 2:00 EDT
Questions about the Webinar, Web Chat or CoP?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday.
The following webinars and accompanying presentation materials and resources are available for download and review at any time.
- Using the Emergency Management Virtual Toolkit to Enhance K-12 Emergency Management Planning
(February 23, 2017)
- Using the Five Preparedness Missions to Help Ready Your District and School for Emergencies
(February 10, 2017)
- Integrating Earthquakes into School Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs)
(November 30, 2016)
- State and Local Perspectives on Emergency Management Back to School Activities
(September 16, 2016)
- Incorporating Sextortion into School EOP Planning
(September 9, 2016)
- Using the School Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Framework to Support Bullying Prevention Efforts
(September 7, 2016)
- Use of Social Media in School Behavioral Threat Assessments
(September 2, 2016)
- Forming a School Behavioral Threat Assessment Team
(August 26, 2016)
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning and Developing a COOP Annex
(August 5, 2016)
- Addressing Access and Functional Needs (AFN) in School and Higher Education Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs)
(July 29, 2016)
- The REMS TA Center: Your Destination for Free Resources and Tools Supporting the Development of High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Institutions of Higher Education
(December 18, 2015)
- EOP ASSIST: Features, Functions, and Recent Enhancements
(September 22, 2015)
- Teen CERT: Enhancing School Emergency Management through Youth Engagement and Preparedness
(May 15, 2015)
- Designing Safe Schools: Planning and Retrofitting for Safety in Education Facilities
(April 30, 2015)
- Integrating Human Trafficking with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for K-12 Schools
(January 21, 2015)
- Integrating Cybersecurity with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for K-12 Schools
(November 13, 2014)
- The REMS TA Center at a Glance: Supporting Your Emergency Management Needs Before, During, and After an Emergency
(October 30, 2014)
- Integrating Cybersecurity with Emergency Operations Plans (EOPs) for Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
(October 23, 2014)
- Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans: A Collaborative Process
(October 15, 2014)
- Using Federal Resources to Enhance Campus Security and Emergency Management Planning
(November 25, 2013)
- Campus Public Safety: A Closer Look
(September 30, 2013)
- How Positive School Climate Can Enhance School Safety
(September 26, 2013)
- A Closer Look at Incorporating International Students Into Emergency Management and Planning
(September 25, 2013)
- Implementing Psychological First Aid (PFA) in School and Postsecondary Settings
(August 21, 2013)
- Active Shooter Situations: Describing Unique Challenges Involved in Preparing for, Responding to and
Recovering from a School-Based or Postsecondary Institution Shooting
(August 15, 2013)
- Information Sharing for Schools and Postsecondary Institutions—the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
(August 9, 2013)
- Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans: An Overview
(August 7, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
(July 25, 2013)
- Using Federal Contracts to Enhance School & Campus Security
(July 17, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans
(June 27 & 28, 2013)
- An Overview of the Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans
for Institutions of Higher Education
(June 27 & 28, 2013)